Why are transitions, including going
back-to-school, so hard on the brain?
The hallmark of a successful back-to-school season for students is strong Executive Function skills, which help them excel by equipping them with a curious-to-learn attitude, a learner-explorer mindset, goal-focused behaviors, and problem solving independence. But transitions can pose an especially difficult challenge, and few more so than the back-to-school transition.
Kids need ample support to overcome the barriers that arise as they prepare to return to school, and mastery of Executive Function is the way to get there. Learn more about the value and importance of teaching students Executive Function!
ExQ for School empowers middle and high school students by:
Focusing on students’ strengths to help them amplify their learning super powers and strengthen learning challenges with mitigation strategies
Including strong social-emotional supports to provide new strategies for coping to help our students embrace changes and pivot with enthusiasm
Offering virtual AI-based coaching to help students accelerate their learning and increase their re-engagement with school whether in person or virtual
Watch the ExQ
Check out our ExQ Know How (To Learn More) Webinar, hosted by Sucheta Kamath, CEO & Founder, ExQ, and learn more about teaching Executive Function to help our students transition back to school successfully:
- Hone 5 easy once-a-day habits that promote mastery of Executive Function
- Design home and classroom environments that help kids overcome boredom,confusion, and processing problems
- Ignite interest with curiosity castles of inquiry in any learning situation
- Help kids devise hacks and develop habits to conquer challenging subjects
- Learn how to use transition tunnels to facilitate help-seeking behaviors